Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School; Getting the Essentials for your children's health

This blog post is for all the parents in my audience and those who love them and their children.  Most of my friends with children are busy getting the new school supplies, getting the dentist appointment in and finding proper sneakers and clothes.  Once you have hit all the items on that long to do list it is time to put them on the bus, shed a tear, take the picture on that first day of school and pray they have fun.  Are you ready however for what they will bring home with them? I am not talking about paperwork and homework and fundraisers. I am talking about the germs, the viruses, the colds and who knows what else? Lice?? Okay, I will stop here.

I will share with you what essential oils I keep in my medicine cabinet, or the kitchen cabinet with the china and the good wine glasses as it may be in my house. The most important oil blend for us to keep healthy during the school year is called Thieves. It is a powerful blend of pure Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Eucalyptus Radiata, Lemon. The natural antibacterial properties of the oils keep the immune system up while helping the body heal when it is compromised with illness. I rub it at the bottom of the feet, make a tea of it or directly apply on neck and wrists. It works wonders in speeding up the healing process and building immunity.

Respiratory Congestion, RC is another great oil blend we use quite a bit.  This is the blend to go to when there is coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, stuffiness.  It contains Eucalyptus Globulus, Myrtle, Spruce, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus citriodora, Peppermint, Pine, Lavender, Marjoram, Cypress.  I apply it at the bottom of the feet, right on my children's chests and a drop or two on their nose.  I like to diffuse this oil so at night we all get a restful sleep as opposed to hearing lots of coughing.  This blend works really well for those dealing with asthma.

As the school year begins along with excitement a lot of times comes anxiety for our children and even for the parents. Sleep patterns might change, new friendships are negotiated, new demands and routines to be mastered. It can all be overwhelming even for the most grounded of folks.  One of my favorite oils to use for relaxation is Peace and Calming. It contains Tangerine, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansy, Orange, Patchouli.  I apply it to the bottom of the feet, my wrists and just inhale it. Lavender is always another great option, especially for sleep issues.

The essential oils mentioned above have been well received by my children and by those families I know who use them. The results are positive for health improvement in a natural, non-toxic way with no side effects.

I wish your families a wonderful school year ahead, whether you send your children on the bus or home-school. In the hurried pace of school and after-school activities take the time to slow it down, spend some time with your children face to face, outside of the car, connect with them on a meaningful level. We only have them with us for a short amount of time. Make it count!

If you are interested in having the oils in your home this winter, you may contact me: cvlasto@hotmail.com or order directly from Young Living: http://www.youngliving.com/, using my ID #: 1091856. I would also be happy to come to your house for an essential oil gathering to share the wonderful, natural world of essential oils.

Take good care,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment