Thursday, June 30, 2011

Natural Solutions for Sunburn

Summer is here and we all find ourselves outside. I used to love sitting in the sun for hours, afterall I grew up in Greece where the sunshine is plenitiful.  As I get older I know better.  The sun's damage is not to be underestimated.  So I lather up with sunscreen and I stay in the shade as much as I can.  That's okay by me.

If you happen to suffer from a sunburn this summer, there is some relief, the natural way. LavaDerm Cooling Mist has been extensively used in the treatment of burns and has been studied for its anti-inflammatory and tissue-regenerating properties. This mist contains the essential oil Lavender which has been highly regarded as a burn treatment since cosmetic chemist Rene Gattefosse used the oil to heal his severe burns suffered in a laboratory explosion. The use of lavender oil is also critical in reducing the formation of scar tissue. This cooling mist assists the healing of most topical burns and contains a highly purified concentrate of aloe vera gel, freshly processed from the leaves of aloe barbadiensis. You can use this mist as often as needed to keep your skin cool and to promote tissue regeneration.  Pure Lavender oils is another great solution.  Other oils to use for sunburn include Idaho Balsam Fir, Helichrysum, Blue Cypress, Rose, Niaouli, German Chamomile, Gentle Baby, Australian Blue, Melrose, Valor.

The reason that burns tend to swell and blister is due to fluid loss from the damaged blood vessels. This is why it is important to keep the burn hydrated well and to drink plenty of water.

If you are interested in placing an order for any of the above oils please contact me via email: cvlasto@hotmail.com or visit the Young Living website at:http://www.youngliving.com/, you will need my sponsor ID #: 1091856.

Enjoy the sun without the burns!

Take good care,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment